AYSO was founded in Torrance, California and has been the leader in establishing ground breaking youth soccer programs in the United States since 1964. Today AYSO consists of more than 750 regions and 60,000 teams worldwide. There are over 660,000 players ranging from 4 to 18 years of age; and more than 250,000 volunteers donating their time as coaches, referees, team parents, and administrators support AYSO.
It was the dream of a group of local devoted soccer enthusiasts who started the Twinsburg Youth Soccer Organization. The program was established in 1993 with 80 players as a part of the the Twinsburg Parks and Recreation Department. Today, the Twinsburg AYSO Region #1026 Soccer program has more than 60 teams and 800 players in the fall session, alone. Our Mission:Our mission is to provide quality youth soccer programs where everyone builds positive character through participation in a fun, family-oriented soccer environment.
AYSO's five philosophies separate us from the pack:
- Everyone Plays: Our Program's goal is for kids to play soccer. We mandate that every player on every team must play at least half of every game.
- Balanced Teams: Each year we form new teams as evenly balanced as possible because it is fair and more fun when teams of equal ability play.
- Open Registration: Our program is open to all children between 4 1/2 and 18 years of age who want to play soccer. Interest and enthusiasm are the only criteria for playing.
- Positive Coaching: Encouragement of player effort provides for greater enjoyment by the players and ultimately leads to better-skilled and better-motivated players.
- Good Sportsmanship: We strive to create a positive environment based on mutual respect rather than a win-at-all costs attitude. Our program is designed to instill good sportsmanship in every facet of AYSO.